Series Introduction: When I served as a youth pastor, I taught a series on the Ten Commandments. The applications were geared towards teenagers. These sermons were essentially my sermon notes and will hopefully help you in your studies, though I’m sure if I were to preach these again, there are some things I would change. Enjoy!
***Quick caveat: for those that have read my other sermons on this series, you will notice that this one is basically an outline. Evidently, I was very busy this week and did much of the sermon prep on paper! But feel free to incorporate this outline into your own studies.***
- Topic: God’s Heart For Families
- God’s Heart For…Fathers
- Fathers Instruct (Ephesians 6:4)
- Fathers Discipline (Hebrews 12:7)
- God’s Heart For…Mothers
- Mothers…Do A LOT! (Proverbs 31:10 and 25-30)
- God’s Heart For…Children
- Obey & Honor Parents (Ephesians 6:1-3)
- Conclusion: Why Are Families Important to God?
- Our families on earth remind us of our relationship to God (John 1:12)
- When we live out the roles in our families, we are fulfilling God’s purposes for us. (Ephesians 5:22-25 & 5th Commandment)